On a tight budget? Your fear that eating healthy is beyond you means? To keep expenses low you are opt for processed food or take aways?
The first budget healthy food recipe on cooking a Chocolate Fondant carefully prepared by the renowned Chef Neil Darmanin specifically for ĠEMMA
What can you do to eat healthy food on a wafer thin budget? Here are some general tips you may wish to follow:
- Plan your meals, make a grocery list and shop wisely.
- Look for special offers.
- Buy food that gives you good value such as a (whole chicken, mince,) fruit and vegetables that are in season and in abundance etc. As an alternative one can make sure of frozen fruits and vegetables as they are also nourishing and have a longer shelf life.
- Buy canned oily fish such as sardines, tuna and salmon which are high in omega, 3, 6,9 fats.
- Remember not to miss breakfast – an important source of energy found in the varied selection of cereals which are relatively value for money and contain B vitamins and iron.
- Re-use left-over food rather than let it go to waste and shown in some of the recipes made accessible in the coming weeks
- With some creativity you can prepare wholesome meals with ingredients that are found in your larder/ pantry
Every Thursday over the coming weeks we will upload a budget healthy food recipe that is specifically prepared for ĠEMMA by Chef Neil Darmanin. The ĠEMMA budget health food recipes are:
|Chocolate Fondant||Thursday 26th June|
|Frittata||Thursday 2nd July|
|Moussaka||Thursday 9th July|
|Pulpetti||Thursday 16th July|
|Gnocchi||Thursday 23th July|