Putting Retirement on a Young Person’s Radar
May 27, 2022 11:00 AM
Two things appear to be irrefutable when it comes to retirement planning:
> Your standard of living when retired will depend on having additional income over and above the state pension and
> Any additional income available during retirement needs to come from savings/investment beginning from a young age.
Yet the last thing on one’s mind when still young is retirement!
Can these two things be reconciled? How can we have an impact at a national level to substantially increase the number of those having retirement plans in place, be it Second or Third Pillar or investments. Can we bring about a national mindset that prioritizes planning for our retirement along with buying your first home, car or whatever may be on your consumption wish list?
These and other questions will be discussed during ĠEMMA’s Webinar Putting Retirement on a Young Person’s Radar which is being produced as part of Social Justice Month being celebrated by the Ministry for Social Policy and Children’s Rights. The webinar will be held on 27th May 2022 between 11:00am and 12:00pm. The panel will consist of:
- Miriam Theuma – CEO, Aġenzija Żgħażagħ
- Godwin Mifsud – Director General, Economic Policy Department, Ministry of Finance and Employment
- Edward Buttigieg – Contributory Benefits Director, Benefits Department
- Sandra Ebejer – Director DLAP, Ministry for Education Youth Research and Innovation
- Bradley Sammut – Student, University of Malta