Vigilance is crucial so take all the precautionary steps :
- Verify the trustworthiness of the online vendor – Look for “secure transaction” symbols.
- Compare card transactions with the actual receipts – any suspicious or unknown transactions?
- When keying in your PIN, cover the keypad so others cannot see.
- Be sure that you get your card back after every purchase.
- Ask whether your bank has a service that automatically notifies you of every transaction effecting your card.
- Do not lend your cards to anyone. You are responsible for their use.
Other tips to follow:
- Sign your card on the signature panel as soon as you receive it.
- Do not give out your card number or your personal details to anyone.
- Choose a personal identification number (PIN) that is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Leave your unused credits cards at home in a safe and secure location.
- If you receive a replacement card, destroy your old card.
- Tear up your ATM receipts in small pieces before you throw them away.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately to the Bank that issued you the card.