This pack contains 52 ĠEMMA flash cards with financial capability themes and topics.
Each card contains:
- Important key term with fun and engaging illustrations of the key terms
- A simple to understand and memorable definition of the key term
- A useful sentence or question to prompt further discussion and understanding of the concepts associated with the key term.
The flashcards can be utilised with different levels of complexity, they can be used with children of different ages according to their level of knowledge and capability of understanding of the financial capability concepts.
During which stages of teaching can flashcards be used?
Flashcards can be used at various stages of lessons or activities:
- When introducing and explaining new material or training in recognition or when memorising concepts.
- When children are independently studying new material or revising previous material.
- When testing children’s’ knowledge of the material.
- When consolidating and summarizing the information received in learning.
How to use the flashcards:
- Ensure the children are sitting comfortably and create interest illustrating the fun side of the activity. The fun side of this activity is very important to motivate the children to learn.
- Arrange the flash cards in the order you would like to present them to the child/ children
- You can also leave the cards randomly shuffled if the children are at a level of knowledge where they can understand all the key terms and concepts.
- Hold up the first card so the children can clearly see the front. Keep the back of the card toward you so that they cannot see it.
- You can ask the children to read the front of the flash card, or you can choose to hide the text and ask them to guess the term or concept.
- Give the children time to guess the image or read the term.
- Proceed with the talking points and questions to the children, ask them about their knowledge, experience of the term and concept. Give examples and ask for examples in an engaging way.