Personal Finance – Managing your Money course with LifeLong Learning, part of the Essentials Life Skills category, is an 8-week experiential learning course in personal finance. The program has been developed to empower people to change or improve their relationship with money by practising good financial habits. It is a practical, interactive program designed to offer a more engaging experience. The course offers opportunities to generate fruitful conversation, group brainstorming and work on current case studies that we are faced with every day.
Over the 8 weeks, the course will cover 7 main areas varying from understanding financial pitfalls and attitudes about money to understanding what investment is all about and how good debt could benefit your future plans. Here are the topics:
• Understanding Money – Welcome to Financial Literacy
• Money Attitudes – Habits and Patterns
• Cognitive Biases – How to avoid them
• Credit vs Debt – Does Good Debt exist?
• Risk & Reward – Understanding investment talk
• The financial landscape – The Magic of Compound Interest
• Money Matters – Tips, tricks and financial awareness