Whether you are self-employed or a company the Government is providing financial support – the level of which depends according to the sector you operate in. This is explained in the Table below.
- Certain wholesale activities
- Certain retail activities
- Food and beverage service activities
- Rental and leasing of motor vehicles
- Employment activities
- Travel agencies, tour operators and related activities
- Security and investigation activities
- Service to buildings
- Creative, arts and entertainment activities
- Personal services activities
- Part of the wholesale sector
- Part of the retail sector
For these sectors, the Government will finance up to €800 per month of each employee’s monthly salary. This also applies to self-employed persons working in the said sectors.
You should note that where the monthly salary exceeds €800, you are expected to pay the remaining part up to a monthly salary of at least €1,200. If you are not in a position to sustain the additional payment so that the particular salary reaches at least €1,200, then an agreement has to be reached with the involvement of the unions, the employees and the Department for Industrial And Employment Relations.
In the case of such sectors, the Government will finance one day’s salary per week (based on a monthly salary of €800) per employee.