Has the COVID-19 situation since 8th March 2020 resulted in you losing your job (full time or part time) with your private sector employer? If so you are eligible to apply for the Additional Unemployment Benefit.
To qualify for the Additional Unemployment Benefit you are to register for work with Jobs+. To register for work kindly click here for instructions your are to follow.
- The normal Contributory Unemployment Benefit – For you to qualify for this benefit, however, you must meet the following requirements: whether you have paid or been credited with enough social services contributions, hence the name contributory.
Paid a minimum of 50 Social Security contributions;
Paid or credited a minimum of 20 Social Security contributions in the last two years prior to application.
- The COVID-19 – Additional Unemployment Benefit
Between the two you will receive a direct payment of
€166.15 per week if you were working full-time before you became unemployed or
€103.85 per week if you were working part-time before you became unemployed.
- The Social Security Contribution will be paid on your behalf for the period you are unemployed
- If you are entitled a Children’s Allowance
the rate will be adjusted to reflect the new income earned. This may increase up to the maximum rate of €24.08 per week per child;
- If you are entitled to the In-Work Benefit
you will continue you to receive this and there will be no deductions
- The supplementary allowance rate may be adjusted
to the maximum rate of €4.57 per week for single persons and €12.54 per week for couples depending on the new income earned
Should you have any queries kindly approach the Department of Social Security on the following address: