- Parents employed in the private sector, with children under 16 years of age, who, as of 8th March 2020, due to the impact of COVID-19, are not able to work from home, cannot go to work to take care of their children.
(Does not include employees, working with private companies, and who work or provide an essential service in a Government department or entity).
- The COVID-19 – Parent Benefit
€166.15 per week if you were working full-time before you became unemployed or
€103.85 per week if you were working part-time before you became unemployed.
- The Social Security Contribution will be paid on your behalf
- An adjusted children’s allowance rate
If you are in receipt of Children’s Allowance or you become entitled to it, the rate will be amended to reflect the new income earned. This may increase up to the maximum rate of €24.08 per week per child;
- In-Work Benefit, if you are entitled to it, will continue to be paid without deductions;
- Tapering of Benefits benefit, if you are entitled to it, will continue to be paid without deductions;
Should you have any queries kindly approach the Department of Social Security on the following address: