Today we upload the 2nd video of our 5 video series of how you can eat healty food on a budget. The ĠEMMA budget healthy food receipe presented today prepared specifically for ĠEMMA by Chef Neil Darmanin is that of a frittata.
What can you do to eat healthy food on a wafer thin budget? Here are some general tips you may wish to follow:
- Plan your meals, make a grocery list and shop wisely.
- Look for special offers.
- Buy food that gives you good value such as a (whole chicken, mince,) fruit and vegetables that are in season and in abundance etc. As an alternative one can make sure of frozen fruits and vegetables as they are also nourishing and have a longer shelf life.
- Buy canned oily fish such as sardines, tuna and salmon which are high in omega, 3, 6, 9 fats.
- Remember not to miss breakfast – an important source of energy found in the varied selection of cereals which are relatively value for money and contain B vitamins and iron.
- Re-use left-over food rather than let it go to waste and shown in some of the recipes made accessible in the coming weeks
- With some creativity you can prepare wholesome meals with ingredients that are found in your larder/ pantry.
Every Thursday over the coming weeks we will upload a budget healthy food recipe that is specifically prepared for ĠEMMA by Chef Neil Darmanin. The ĠEMMA budget health food recipes are:
|Moussaka||Thursday 9th July|
|Pulpetti||Thursday 16th July|
|Gnocchi||Thursday 23th July|