ĠEMMA is running a financial capability education campaign that is co-financed under the European Social Fund. The campaign is directed towards 14 different categories of persons. As part of its campaign ĠEMMA has launched the following Handbook titled ‘Sibt ruħek bla xogħol u għandek loan?, directed towards unemployed persons.
The Handbook is in Maltese and provides guidance and tips in relation to:
- Keeping a record of your daily expenses.
- Differentiating between wants and needs, and prioritising your expenses.
- Keeping the door open for any employment opportunities.
- Speaking to your bank if you have a home loan.
- Understanding your financial goals.
- Using the time to gain further education and lifelong learning.
- Checking social benefits you may be eligible to.
- Checking social housing benefits you may be eligible to.