In putting together the new 2021-2024 Strategy for Financial Capability ĠEMMA identified, from campaigns it ran between 2017 and 2020, that short campaigns are to be complemented by a major long term campaign directed to present and re-emphasise the education message on key important aspects relating to financial education. From the activities and research carried out by ĠEMMA over the past four years it continues to emerge that knowledge on pensions and retirement across most cohort of the population including those nearing retirement is scanty and at times incorrect.
Retirement is an important part of a person’s life journey.
For this purpose, ĠEMMA embarks on an 18-month education campaign on pensions and retirement. Over this period ĠEMMA will be holding webinars, disseminating e-books, present media information slots, launch videos among other initiatives.
ĠEMMA kicks off this Education Campaign on Pensions and Retirement through the launch of 18 videos clips. These clips are directed to explain the pension system and will cover matters such as the:
- What the social security systems consists of
- How the pension system evolved since 1979
- How the contribution payment works
- How the retirement age works
- What are obligations of persons in accordance with their age
- How the pension income is calculated
- What is required for a person to receive a full pension.
- How the credit system works
- How gaps in the pension system are filled
- How the pension system works with regard to self-employed person.
ĠEMMA is today please to launch the first video clip. This is titled Is-Sistema tal-Pensjonijiet (Sistema ta’ Assigurazzjoni) To watch the video, scroll or swipe below or click here.