The Government announced that persons negatively affected by COVID-19 can receive benefits that cover up to 80% of the rent.
The persons who are eligible for this benefit are:
- Persons who lost their employment and hence are not receiving any wage
- Persons who are temporarily suspended on unpaid leave
- Self employed person whose income has fallen significantly
- Persons experiencing domestic violence.
The objective of this benefit is to ensure to the extent possible that tenants can pay the rent, and thus safeguard their residence.
If you have any queries you can contact the Housing Authority as follows:
22, Pietro Floriani Street
- General – 8007 2232 / 2299 1000
- Report Social Housing Abuse – 8007 2294