ĠEMMA is running a financial capability education campaign that is co-financed under the European Social Fund. The campaign is directed towards 14 different categories of persons. The campaign seeks to educate persons, within a specific population cohort on the financial capability skills and knowledge that are best suited to them. Resulting-in that they are in a better position to take informed decisions relating to money matters and planning for the future.
The campaign is aimed at unemployed people and emphasises the importance of prioritising the following:
- If you have a loan, set up an appointment with your bank and explain your situation.
- Check which Social Security benefits you are entitled to.
- Track your day-to-day spending.
- Compare Your Money In with Your Money Out.
- Prioritise where you want your money to go.
We also recommend that you use the My ĠEMMA Budget Planner to help you manage both your income and expenditure better. The My ĠEMMA Budget Planner is a supporting tool used with this Handbook. Do you wish to know more? Contact us on gemma.gov.mt.
We invite all of those who read this post to download our A3 or A4 poster and put it up at your place of work or forward it to persons to whom this may be of interest.