Money Management and Economic Recovery
The Government on Monday 8th June announced a number of money management measures that you should be aware of. These are:
- If you work in the tourist accommodation, travel agencies, language schools, events organisation, and air transport the monthly €800 wage supplement is retained till the end of September.
- If you work in other sectors the monthly wage supplement is now set at €600.
- As from Monday 15th June the price of fuel is reduced by 7c per litre: petrol will now be purchased at €1.34 and diesel at €1.21.
- If you are 16 years and over you will receive 5 vouchers of €20 each; of which €80 are for spending in bars and restaurants, and the remaining €20 for spending in shops (excluding super markets).
- The Government will send tax refund cheques for all persons who worked during 2018 – estimated to average €328 for both working spouses.
- The stamp duty on a property costing €400,000 and less is reduced from 5% to 1.5% on contracts that are signed between 9th June 2020 and 31st March 2021.
- The stamp duty for property sold between 1st June 2020 and 31st March 2021 is reduced from 5% to 8%.
- The existing First Time Buyers scheme is for persons who have not benefited from the scheme since 2013, is from 9th June 2020 extended for persons who already own a property.
- If you had to postpone your wedding over the past months you are entitled to a refund of €2,000.
- The in-work benefit will be extended so that families receive a down payment of €250 each, the families that are eligible is extended, and the sum received per child is increased.