The Handbook is in Maltese and provides guidance and tips in relation to:
- A self-employed person’s obligations under the laws of Malta.
- Importance of paying yourself a wage as well as family members who work with you.
- Separating immediately on being paid the amount you need to pay for VAT and income tax purposes.
- Importance of paying the social security contribution to safeguard your quality of life during retirement.
- Protecting yourself when you are sick.
ĠEMMA is running a financial capability education campaign that is co-financed under the European Social Fund. The campaign is directed towards different 14 categories of persons. As part of its campaign ĠEMMA has launched the following handbook titled ‘Taħdem għal rasek?’ providing guidance and tips to persons who are self-employed on financial capability and money management.
My ĠEMMA Budget Planner
Track your spending by making use of My ĠEMMA Budget Planner tool which is easily accessible. This tool enables you to list your expenses against your income to achieve your financial goals.