Our spending behaviour survey carried out on facebook is complete.
We conducted a research exercise to learn more about the spending behaviour and money management skills of adults residing in Malta. This survey consisted only 8 questions.
- Do you often struggle to meet your expenses?
- Do you normally just get by financially?
- Do you spend everything that you earn?
- Do you manage to save money at the end of each month?
- If a major unexpected expense comes up, would you be able to handle it?
In all we had 82 respondents. The survey is not statistically significant. Thus, the findings cannot be quoted authoritatively. For your interest, the survey results were as follows:
In view of the above responses, keep in view the below:
Furthermore, kindly note that we have, under the ESF project 2.63, commissioned a national survey on financial capability based on the OECD survey instrument. This is the first time that Malta will carry out the OECD survey on a nationally representative sample. We expect to be in a position to launch the results in the coming Autumn.